What was the coolest feature?
Heh-heh...When I first started NetTrek I wanted to post a "Liz Loves Lizsts" entry. Well BiblioCommons has given me the opportunity to create lizst after lizst after lizst! Right now I have a childhood favorites lizst and a lizst for books that would be good for story times. I know I will go a little crazy with this feature of BiblioCommons.
**liz + list = lizst, a list created by liz**
What could use improvement?
A few of my coworkers have pointed out that there are some key differences in the advanced search options. When I'm at the children's desk I frequently use the "Collection" drop-down menu from the advanced search options on our current catalog. If I'm looking for an early childhood (aka "easy") non-fiction item, I can limit my search as such. In BiblioCommons I haven't been able to limit my searches as easily - there aren't as many options.
What questions did you encounter?
My friend Amy works here at the library (well I consider all Amy's, including an Aimee, my friends...I hope this is okay). This Amy in particular (amymayyam) reviewed a book that I'd like to read, Being in Love by Osho. By looking at the details for this book I was able to figure out how to follow amymayyam. This question then flashed in my mind: Will she know I'm following her? and then another question: If I want her to follow me, how will she be able to if I haven't rated or reviewed a book? The more I explore, the more questions I have...I love exploring. I love asking questions. I love answering my own questions with my discoveries. I love learning from my coworkers' blogs. One can make a heart with two question marks. Ok that's enough.
BiblioCommons gets my stamp of approval. I'm excited to keep exploring and asking questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment