
I want more pictures on my blog and after looking at one of SJH's posts I got an idea.
Here we go. This is The Sick Child by Edvard Munch. I did a presentation on this painting in an art history class a few years ago. I kinda feel like a sick child right now; I just had my wisdom teeth removed today - my very first surgery, my very first i.v. - woohoo! I made it! Although, this piece is a little depressing and I'm actually in a great mood considering my circumstances.
**hugs**
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon.... You had to get an I.V. for taking out your wisdom tooth??
ReplyDeleteI remember getting my wisdom teeth out(actually, just the bottom two), but they didn't do mine with an IV and I bowled my best game that night. I think I was seriously out of it! My teammates threatened to have a tooth pulled every week. Oh well, I'm glad things went well for you.
ReplyDeleteI've seen this painting before. Not in person, of course, but definitely in books, reading about Munch. I don't get out that much! Unfortunately, I don't remember much about what it was about. Can you give us more on the story behind this Sick Child?
ReplyDelete