Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Friend, Time, Ran Away


Yes. Time ran away from me. She likes to play this game. Chasing her is like chasing my tail (and I don’t even have). This is my only lame excuse for not posting updates about my 23 things.
There’s a pattern in my exploration of the world of 23 things. I remember the day I entered this phrase into the new blog post box:
*These 23 Things are subject to rearrangement and/or modification, pending approval by instructor.
Well. There has been plenty of “rearrangement and/or modification” in my technology exploration. I’ve indicated below which “things” have been updated, along with the original plan. Here is a list of things I’ve been exploring in the past few weeks. A very long post…enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee.

Number Twelve of 23
  • Original plan: Read a children’s book aloud using video-conferencing
  • Updated plan: Sign up for Shelfari and compare to Goodreads
#muemtech signed up for a shelfari account, comparing to goodreads - 12 of #23things  (tweeted 10.17.2011, 8:32am)

Number Thirteen of 23
  • Sign up for an account on Spotify
signed up for Spotify…simple, pleasant, aaah music #23things number 13 (tweeted 10.19.2011, 3:20pm)
…and then I had to tweet this, because I forgot to add the “muemtech” hashtag:
@wilhepfeif - #muemtech --> Spotify = 13 of #23things (tweeted 10.19.2011, 3:37pm)

Number Fourteen of 23
  • Sign up for Getty.com account, compare to flickr – creative commons images, learn about legalities
#muemtech 14 of #23things - explored a variety of resources for finding public domain images. no thanks getty - i'm a poor college student (tweeted 10.24.2011, 11:52am)

Number Fifteen of 23
  • Original plan: use AVI Maker to create a video with “free” images
  • Updated plan: watch the Social Network
  • A favorite part from the movie - the "Do I have your full attention?" answer - a lovely, truthful rant
15 of #23things - watched the social network http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285016/ pretty good flick #muemtech (tweeted 10.31.2011, 10:49am)

Number Sixteen of 23
  • Create a wiki for the Reflector’s display calendar…and other topics
  • Yes! I used Wikispaces to set up a few wikis – one for display planning and another for trip planning. But how to encourage other people to actually contribute…
16 of #23things - been using wikispaces to plan a trip with my family, will they contribute? doubtful http://www.wikispaces.com/ #muemtech (tweeted 10.31.2011, 11:19am)

No comments:

Post a Comment